Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Conquering the Ebook Pile

I'm not proud of this but in the 5 or so years I've had my Kindle, I've acquired over 500 ebooks & egalleys that...I still haven't read. And some of them I downloaded the first week I had my Kindle. I kept falling for the trap of the cheap ebooks and the freebies. Plus when looking at Netgalley or EW, I grab books I wouldn't normally or I'm not sure about so I can give them a chance. All in all, it's added up to a lot of books, especially books I'm not even sure I'd love.

My goal in 2017 is to finish one at least ebook a week. Which, initially, you kind of go??? That's only 52 books. That's like 1/10 of what you have. TRUE, but I have to finish the books - if I DNF, it counts towards my read total, but not towards this challenge. (DNFs are gonna be my saving grace in these challenges.) I'm also not going to include library ebooks, since I don't really own those, I'm just borrowing them, so it's no huge burden.

Some that I'm absolutely determined to get to (I'm not listing all of them):

  1. The Bone With by Rin Chupeco
  2. Black Dove, White Raven by Elizabeth Wein
  3. Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
  4. A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
  5. Half a World Away by Cynthia Kadohata
  6. Learning to Swear in America by Katie Kennedy
  7. Luck on the Line by Zoraida Cordova
  8. Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
  9. Hunted by Meagan Spooner
  10. The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler
  11. First & Then by Emma Mills
  12. Burn by Elissa Sussman
  13. The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins
  14. Things No One Will Tell Fat Girls by Jes Baker
  15. The Marked Girl by Lindsay Klingele
  16. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
  17. A Season of Daring Greatly by Ellen Emerson White
  18. The Ship Beyond Time by Heidi Heilig
  19. Overexposed by Megan Erickson
  20. Bone Gap by Laura Ruby
  21. You're It by LeighAnn Kopans
  22. Violins of Autumn by Amy McAuley
--Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment